OP Newscast Direction Specialist
Hearst Television, Jackson, MS USA
The story is yours!
16WAPT, the Hearst owned ABC Affiliate in Jackson, MS has an opening for an experienced Technical Director for our station’s live fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
- This position is responsible for the visual direction of newscasts. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew. Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast. Must be able to call and punch a newscast. In-person attendance is required.
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment
- Must be willing to work mornings and fill in during holidays and vacation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience with a Sony DVS 9000 Production Switcher is preferred.
- Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
- College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Feature Producer, Talent Productions & Storytelling (Open)
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA