Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
The Account Executive is responsible for selling advertising to local businesses and ad agencies and negotiating ratings and rates with ad agencies. This position will also bring in new business to advertise on the Radio, OTT, and web. The ideal candidate is coachable, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment and has strong interpersonal skills. If you are motivated by an excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further. We will provide the tools for powerful multi-platform marketing solutions that will create partnerships to retain and grow our existing and new client base - you provide sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, and desire to WIN! If you want to work for the best, we want to hear from you today!
- Generate new business revenue across all platforms
- Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
- Manage inventory and protect station rate structure
- Develop new revenue through local business development
- Form strategic business and market partnerships
- Manage an active account and client list
- Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals
- Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies
- Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel
- 3+ years of media sales experience preferred, plus an excellent understanding of media plans, the advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Ability to use interpersonal communication skills to develop rapport with clients, anticipate needs, and negotiate
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Kantar or other commercial monitoring program, and Microsoft applications a plus
- Must possess a driver’s license with a good driving record
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.