Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 has an immediate opening for a creative, energetic Part-Time Sports/Talk Show Producer. We are looking for a dedicated individual informed on sports, news, and current events. The ideal candidate adeptly manages the deadlines and flexible schedules that the multimedia and broadcast industry require. This is an opportunity to join one of the largest and most decorated Radio Stations in the country, with 96 years of service to the Baltimore-Metro region.
- Maintaining studio operations for the duration of the programming/shift.
- Support our sports partnerships to create the best broadcasts possible.
- Aid studio production team with highlights for local and network programming.
- Working directly with talent to develop compelling and engaging content each day.
- Corresponding with Digital Team regarding topics of note each day.
- Ensuring FCC compliance and proper transmitter operation.
- Keeping a log of aired commercial inventory.
- Ability to multi-task show responsibilities.
- Audio editing ability or willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with or eagerness to gain comprehension of on-air studio operations.
- Excellent time management in deadline driven situations.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- High School graduate. Some college education or comparable experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience with Adobe Audition or similar programs preferred.
- Familiarity with Wide Orbit Automation Software or similar Radio Inventory Management Software a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands