Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KCRA 3, the news leader in Sacramento and a Hearst Television station, is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who is eager to cover our diverse community. The successful candidate is innovative and thrives on digging into important issues. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellence in journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting. In-person attendance is required.
- Generate strong story ideas that lead newscasts.
- Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise angles and has exclusive elements.Find compelling characters and work closely with photojournalists to tell dynamic visual stories.
- Create stories that employ innovative techniques, graphics and animations to engage our audience.
- Develop a network of diverse sources to highlight stories of significance.
- Consistently contribute dynamic content on TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
- Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
- Exceptional live reporting skills
- Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
- Ability to work under very tight deadlines
- Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
- 4 or more years of reporting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
As part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, you must be able to prove you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus on or before your first day of employment as a condition of employment. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. If you require such accommodations, please contact Mike Akina, Business Manager. If you are not fully vaccinated by your Start Date and have not been granted an accommodation, this offer may be withdrawn, or your employment terminated.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.