Assistant News Director
Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA
The story is yours!
WPBF 25 News is searching for an aggressive, creative and experienced news leader. The ideal candidate will have excellent news judgment, superior management and organization skills and an urgent and aggressive approach to breaking news coverage--on air and online. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market leading breaking news, weather and political coverage and community service on all platforms daily. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
- Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom
- Execute the brand and manage content delivery both on air and online
- Plan big event coverage
- Manage talent schedules and public appearances
- Assist with special projects
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of news department personnel
- Supervise news team and conduct annual performance evaluations with the News Director along with daily feedback
- 4 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience
- Strong producing background with excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel and privacy laws.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Creativity is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.