Hearst Television, Kansas City, MO USA
The story is yours!
KMBC/KCWE, the Hearst owned stations in Kansas City, MO have an opening for a Business Manager. Responsibilities include payroll, employee relations, providing business analytics and support to the General Manager and Station Department Heads, forecasting, budgeting, expense management and other business office activities at the station. This position also provides support and works collaboratively with the regional accounting group on the monthly financial closing, monthly forecast and annual budget process among other things.
- General Business Functions
- Interpretation and communication of financial results
- Liaison between station and regional accounting group on financial reporting
- Forecasting and budgeting of station revenues and operating expenses
- Payroll Functions
- Payroll/timecard review
- Vacation/sick monitoring
- Human Resources
- New hire processing
- Termination processing
- Employee relations
- Worker’s comp administration
- Various Insurance and Statutory Reporting
- Accounts Payable & Expenses
- Invoice processing and approval
- Purchasing card report review/approval
- Travel & entertainment report review/approval
- Local operating contract maintenance
- Real estate taxes
- Sales/Use Tax reporting
- Asset Management
- Fleet Management
- Fixed asset tagging, tracking and disposal
- Physical inventory
- Miscellaneous Office Management Functions, e.g., EEO reporting, vendor management
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and prioritize multiple responsibilities accordingly
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze various levels of financial data and provide guidance and recommendations
- Work with various on-boarding and on-going human resource functions including but not limited to payroll
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish directives
- Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Previous experience handling all aspects of a business unit’s accounting functions a plus
- Experience with accounting software applications including Oracle, Wide Orbit, Hyperion Planning or their equivalents preferred
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.