Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KQCA My58, one of the top independent stations in the country, is seeking a highly motivated Promotion Manager. The qualified candidate is both creative and strategic, able to execute messaging that breaks apart from the pack while moving the station’s brand forward. We’re looking for someone with the experience to help lead a team of talented writer/producers. The Promotion Manager will be responsible for on-air, off-air, and digital promotion. Candidate will work closely with Creative Services Director in developing brand and marketing strategies for the station and internet properties including web and mobile apps. This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television Inc., one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies in a competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. If you aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a fast-paced and competitive environment, apply today. In person attendance is required.
Additionally, as set forth in the job posting for this position and explained during the recruitment process, as part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, you must be able to prove you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus on or before your first day of employment as a condition of employment. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. If you require such accommodations, please contact Mike Akina, Business Manager. If you are not fully vaccinated by your Start Date and have not been granted an accommodation, this offer may be withdrawn, or your employment terminated.
- Work closely with Creative Service Director implementing strategic based promotions.
- Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air and digital.
- Supervise creative team in brand, image and daily topical promotion.
- Produce on and off-air promotions
- Special projects coordination & fulfillment.
- Produce effective news & programming promotion.
- Produce & post targeted social media marketing.
- Manage inventory for daily on-air logs as directed and as needed.
- Attend outside community functions or meetings.
- Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
- Execute on-point television and digital promotion.
- A minimum of 3 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
- Executing brand message across all media platforms.
- Military training and experience will be considered
- Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion
- Must have proven skills of collaborating with News staff and station personnel.
- Must be highly creative, a compelling writer and be able to use research to meet station goals of growing an audience.
- Non-linear editing required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar application
- Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on station research.
- Excellent verbal communication & strong writing skills
- Detailed oriented & organized
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Graphic Skills preferred
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
- College degree or military training in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.