Hearst Television, Manchester, NH USA
The story is yours!
The Anchor/Reporter is someone brings the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we’re looking for an anchor who wants to head out into the field and break big stories. Our next anchor/reporter will enterprise exclusive stories and interviews, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots. We are looking this market’s next leader who will ask tough questions and hold those in power accountable. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who help mentor producers and reporters. Our anchors write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, develops sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
- Delivers scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Works with and guides reporters and producers in newscast production
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
- Works with a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and sound
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develop a network of sources who provide tips and early access to information
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
- Can multi-task and demonstrate exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- In-person attendance is required
- Past anchor experience (2-5 years) required
- Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
- Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
- Proven anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Anchor Production Assistant, MSNBC on Peacock - The Mehdi Hasa...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, US