Hearst Television, Birmingham, AL USA
The story is yours!
WVTM has an opening for a Receptionist to serve as administrative support to the station as well as provide assistance to other departments as needed. This individual will provide support by performing various tasks that contribute to the daily operations of the department. The Receptionist will serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifying company personnel of visitor arrivals; maintaining security, clerical duties and operating the Cisco telecommunications switchboard.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering and/or referring inquiries.
- Provides information to viewers in a professional manner.
- Directs visitors and maintains the employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring guest logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area.
- Maintains continuity among departments by documenting and communicating actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Orders and maintains general office supplies.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services and USPS mail.
- In-person attendance is required
- Previous Customer Service or Receptionist experience preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills - whether in person or on the telephone.
- Customer Focus - professionalism in handling client inquires/requests.
- Organization Skills - ability to handle pressure and multiple tasks.
- Prefer familiarity with the Cisco switchboard console.
- Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.