Hearst Television, Birmingham, AL USA
The story is yours!
WVTM is looking for an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. Previous Television, Radio or Cable commercial copy experience is preferred. A positive attitude and professional demeanor are essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Specifically, you'll work with the sales force on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity can be a great way to get your foot in the door, learn the intricacies of sales and move into a sales position after a successful track record as a Sales Assistant.
- Entering Local copy and working with ad operations in Charlotte to close the log each day.
- Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
- Create supportive marketing materials for sales department.
- Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
- Maintain organized filing systems
- Prepare proposals based on account executive requests
- Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
- Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous commercial television experience a plus.
- Military experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
- Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Preferred College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
- Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.