Hearst Television, Westbrook, ME USA
The story is yours!
WMTW-TV has an opening for a part-time production Studio Camera Operator who is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of broadcast production operations.
- Responsible for the operation of television cameras for a live broadcast.
- Interact with directors, producers, and talent & must remain focused at all times.
- Will also operate audio console at times, being responsible for all aspects of sound during fast-paced newscasts and other projects as needed.
- Operate television studio cameras in a live production setting.
- Operate studio lights and change bulbs.
- Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air.
- Punctual attendance for shifts that can start as early as 4 am.
- Work weekends and holidays as necessary, in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
- Experience using Windows-based computer software.
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of robotic camera operation and audio is highly desirable.
- The ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise on air is necessary.
- Knowledge of studio lighting.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
- College graduates with a communications degree are preferred.
- Technical school or completion of college-level technical courses is a plus.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.