Assistant Creative Services Director
Hearst Television, Westbrook, ME USA
The story is yours!
WPXT/WMTW is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Creative Services Director. The qualified candidate is both creative and strategic—able to execute messaging that breaks apart from the pack while moving the station’s brand forward. We’re looking for someone with the experience to help lead a team of talented writer/producers. The Assistant Creative Services Director will be responsible for on-air, off-air, and digital promotion. Candidate will work closely with CSD in developing brand and marketing strategies for the station and multiple digital channels and internet properties including web and mobile apps. This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television Inc., one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies in a competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. If you aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a fast-paced and competitive environment, apply today.
- Work closely with Creative Service Director implementing strategic based promotions.
- Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air and digital.
- Supervise creative team in brand, image and daily topical promotion.
- Produce on and off-air promotions
- Special projects coordination & fulfillment.
- Produce effective news & programming promotion.
- Produce & post targeted social media marketing.
- Manage inventory for daily on-air logs as directed and as needed.
- Attend outside community functions or meetings.
- Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
- Execute on-point television and digital promotion.
- In-person attendance is required
- A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
- Executing brand message across all media platforms.
- Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion
- Must have proven skills of collaborating with News staff and station personnel.
- Must be highly creative, a compelling writer and be able to use research to meet station goals of growing an audience.
- Non-linear editing required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar application
- Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on station research.
- Excellent verbal communication & strong writing skills
- Detailed oriented & organized
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Graphic Skills preferred
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
- College degree or military training in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands