Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA USA
The story is yours!
KCCI has an opening for an experienced Technical Director for our station’s live, fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience as a TD and extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
This a hands-on position in a mid-sized news-oriented broadcast television environment. Des Moines is ranked as one of America’s best cities to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the lead source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. What we do helps our community. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
This position is responsible for the visual direction of our evening newscasts. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The Technical Director will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look as directed by the newscast director.
- Should have experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. Military experience in a similar role will also be considered. Please only list appropriate experience in prior-work history.
- Must be willing to work evenings and potentially fill in during holidays and vacation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience with a Sony DVS 9000 Production Switcher is preferred.
- Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics, Imagine Automation (for MC) and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
- College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will also be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands