Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KCRA/KQCA is looking for an IT Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for managing all local aspects of our IT infrastructure. Responsibilities include supporting and managing the IT operations of our offices, studios and transmission sites in our 24x7x365 enterprise grade environment. In person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Server OS and Hardware support on Dell, HP, and Cisco systems primarily based on Microsoft products.
- Desktop OS and Hardware support on Dell and HP desktops and laptops.
- Mobile support on iOS and Android devices.
- Network support on a complex Cisco environment.
- Software support on typical Office applications.
- Learn and support Broadcast centric applications unique to our Enterprise environment.
- Software and Hardware support on Video, Audio, and News Production systems from vendors like ENPS, Adobe, and Harris.
- Software support on Encoding/Transcoding systems from vendors like Telestream, Harris, and Adobe.
- Virtualization support and maintenance on virtualized systems utilizing VMWare.
- Support LAN and WAN connectivity in an Enterprise environment.
- Be able to prioritize and resolve issues based on severity of impact to a 24x7 operation.
- Be able to provide local Desktop, Server and Network support in an Enterprise wide TCP/IP based environment.
- Be able to provide User and Software support for typical office applications.
- Be willing to learn and provide support for systems and software unique to Broadcast entities.
- Be able to work as a team member alongside your peers in the Enterprise and Broadcast Engineering.
- Provide documentation and complete activity reports as required for Local and Corporate needs.
- Maintain an inventory of software and hardware as well as plan upgrades to existing resources.
- Be flexible and willing to support a 24x7 operation.
- Be willing to travel as required to support occasional remote deployments for news operations.
- Be capable of effectively communicating relevant IT information to users, peers and corporate staff.
- Be the main point of contact for all IT related systems for our station.
- Minimum High School Graduate.
- Associates Degree or higher in Information Technology or similar field is preferred.
- Microsoft MTA or better preferred.
- Cisco CCENT/CCT or better preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years providing IT centric service and support in an Enterprise environment is preferred.
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Project Manager for Natural Health Publishing Company & Produc...
The Sacred Science, Remote, Work from USA