Local Sales Assistant
Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
As local sales assistant, you’ll be responsible for working with the WBAL sales team and their clients to ensure successful Broadcast and Digital advertising campaigns. We’re looking for a candidate that can provide superior customer service to our clients and sales executives as well as understand the sense of urgency inherent in working with a sales organization. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who can maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure.
- Creating new sales packages in a timely and efficient manner as outlined by the AE’s and management
- Assist the AE’s in building packages and or providing reach and frequency for existing packages with Wide Orbit Media Sales
- Updating WO rate card
- Work with production to provide video examples of each special event and maintain historical archive after each event
- Management of the TV Sales Shared Network Drive’s contents including the sales presentations, packages, etc.
- AE trackers for management (including weekly activity, new business, pipelines, etc.)
- Pulling reports for management in Matrix, as well update contacts and general information provided by the AE’s
- Management of sports and special projects features grid for each event
- Update Quicktakes
- Backup for Receptionist
- Backup for handling local traffic needs when NSA is out
- Organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong Customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with flexibility to work in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
- Previous office work in a sales environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.