Web WordPress Editor, Streaming Content
Hearst Television, Orlando, FL USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Television seeks an enthusiastic Web WordPress Editor for Streaming Content who will be responsible for writing, producing, and publishing articles and social media posts for Very Local. The position requires a strong sense of creativity and a high level of responsibility and organization.
With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will support a team responsible for marketing to that footprint and beyond.
The Web WordPress Editor for Streaming Content reports to the Manager, Web & Social Media for Very Local.
This position will create digital articles, social media, and other content complementary to streaming shows and to engage local communities. The Web & Social Media Team is constantly experimenting and innovating on new ways to share and engage audiences with our video and website content. We value creativity, testing and analytics to refine our approach.
We are looking for a Web WordPress Editor for Streaming Content who can help us create and test content to promote our streaming video offerings and engage audiences with our content on the website and social media channels.
The right candidate will have a passion for great storytelling and a love of writing content for websites and digital platforms. We are looking for someone who loves data and reviews pageviews and engagement metrics on a daily basis. Flexibility and the ability to pivot quickly are important for this role. We work closely with marketing, video production and product development, the ability to work with teams with uniquely different objectives and project management skills is a must.
What you will do:
- Work with the Programming, Website and Marketing teams to develop website articles for each series and episode on the streaming channel.
- Create social media campaigns for each streaming episode that incorporates content from the marketing and web teams. Develop additional website content that supports and complements our video content.
- Write website copy for each of the shows and episodes on our streaming channels.
- Work with our team to create social media content to highlight our shows and episodes across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social media accounts.
- Syndicate content from the Very Local website to other Hearst websites.
- Work with the marketing team on website content development and landing pages related to upcoming promotional projects needed for programming slate and marketing priorities
- Responsible for project management and archiving of all final assets
- Optimize website copy for SEO.
- Integrate affiliate links into our website content.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience writing and producing digital content for websites and social media.
- Experience in content marketing for a digital product.
- Experience in optimizing website content for SEO.
- Experience working with a content management system.
- Previous WordPress experience.
- Creating website and social media content for a television network is helpful..
- Some familiarity with affiliate marketing best practices and trends. Experience with using Skimlinks and Amazon Associates to add affiliate links to website content is a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.