Hearst Television, Orlando, FL USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Television seeks an enthusiastic Digital Coordinator for Local Content who will be responsible for writing, producing and publishing content (both articles and social media) for Very Local. The position requires a strong sense of creativity and a high level of responsibility and organization.
With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will support a team responsible for marketing to that footprint and beyond.
The Digital Coordinator for Local Content reports to the City Content Lead for Very Local.
This position will create local content around Very Local cities. The Web & Social Media Team is constantly experimenting and innovating on new ways to engage audiences with our content. We value creativity, testing and analytics to refine our approach.
We are looking for a Digital Coordinator for Local Content who will help us create local content for our website and social media accounts. We want to tell stories that connect our audiences to their communities. We are building a digital magazine-style website and are looking for someone who wants to create fun and useful stories for local audiences.
The right candidate will have a passion for great storytelling and a love of creating content for digital platforms. We are looking for someone who embraces data and reviews engagement metrics daily. Flexibility and the ability to pivot quickly are important for this role. We work closely with marketing, video production and product development; the ability to work with teams with uniquely different objectives and project management skills is a must.
We are a team of people passionate about telling local stories. We are looking for team members who have an interest in local stories and are excited about creating content that connects people to places.
What you will do:
- Assists City Content Lead with research and publication of local content for the website and social media.
- Research and brainstorm ideas for new local stories. (We want to write about stories that aren’t being told.)
- Select photos and images that help to tell the story on our website and social media.
- Write social media copy to promote local stories across our social media platforms.
- Optimizes posts using best practices for copy, captions and hashtags.
- Publish stories in our content management system. Attention to detail around punctuation and our style guide is key.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience writing and producing digital content for websites and social media.
- Experience in content marketing for a digital product.
- Experience in optimizing website content for SEO.
- Experience working with a content management system. Previous WordPress experience is a plus.
- Some familiarity with affiliate marketing best practices and trends. Experience with using Skimlinks and Amazon Associates to add affiliate links to website content is a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.