Hearst Television, Pittsburgh, PA USA
The story is yours!
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is now accepting applications for a part-time News Editor.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Communicating with producers about current stories, show rundowns, and plans for feeds and live shots.
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintaining standards for all edited material.
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Running the feed center.
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Work varied shifts: overnight, holidays and weekends included.
- Be reliable and available for extra shifts to cover vacations and sick calls.
- Edit using nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere).
- Deal with the stress and pressure of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Communicate with producers during newscasts and adjust to changes accordingly.
- 1-2 years of professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) OR college degree in media or broadcast-related field.
- Videography experience preferred, but not required.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.