Weekend Sports Anchor Reporter
Hearst Television, Pittsburgh, PA USA
The story is yours!
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for a Weekend Sports Anchor Reporter. Applicant must possess a commanding and credible presence on the anchor desk, tell compelling stories, perform dynamic live shots, and consistently demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of all things NFL and NHL to an audience that knows as much as you do (and more) about the Steelers and Penguins. We look for our sports staff to go beyond highlights and develop sources that can help us break local sports news as well as find stories in the community that inspire.
- Prepare and anchor sports segment and sports stories
- Serve as a reporter for gathering and presenting sports stories
- Produce and anchor sports specials
- Post sports stories to digital platforms including social media
- Work with promotions and marketing to provide material for promoting stories and segments
- Work with the assignment desk to plan resources for sports coverage
- Travel to sporting events for coverage at times
- In-person attendance is required
- Must be willing to work varied shifts
- Three or more years as a broadcast sports anchor and reporter
- Knowledge and experience with ENPS preferred
- Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
- Work varied shifts – weekend evenings, weekdays, holidays and early mornings included
- Must work flexible hours as needed
- Deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Must be well-versed in local and national sports stories
- Highly organized
- Social Media savvy
- Works well in stressful situations and with deadlines
- Desire to win, especially in breaking news situations
- Team player
- Journalism or Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Technology Events & Communications Intern, DreamWorks, Spring ...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Glendale CALIFORNIA, US