Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD, United States
The story is yours!
Promotions Assistant (part-time)
Promotions & Event Coordinator
The Promotions Assistant position is an event centric position that is responsible for setting up/executing all aspects of station events and remote broadcasts. The focus is on the interaction between the station, client & listeners
- Assist with station event planning & execution as directed
- Database entry of contest winners and related information
- Provide our listeners & contest winners with excellent customer service. This may include: calling, e-mailing, and all on-site interaction for event attendees
- Set up, breakdown, and monitoring of remote broadcasts. This includes: ensuring that the broadcast stays on time, protect the airwaves from inappropriate content and ensure that all required elements/content make it to air.
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Must be at least 18 years old (over 21 is preferred)
- Outgoing- enjoy working in a team environment
- Flexible schedule
- Highly organized
- Good customer service skills
- Computer literate
- Strong understanding of social media platforms
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs
- Valid driver's license
- Must be comfortable driving/parking a cargo van
- Background in Events is strongly encouraged but not required
- Comfort level with audio assembly and production
- Prior experience operating a studio console is desirable
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands