Traffic Anchor Reporter
Hearst Television, Winter Park, FL, United States
The story is yours!
WESH 2 / CW18, the Hearst-Owned NBC affiliate in Orlando is looking for a Traffic Anchor/Transportation Reporter. We want someone who can bring the energy of live reporting to our morning newscast. You'll need to be comfortable on the set with our anchor team and in front of various presentation areas, including a chromakey wall. This person has a passion for transportation reporting and will take charge and own major traffic stories on all platforms. Knowledge of roadways, highways, toll roads, airports, cities, towns and communities across Central Florida are a must. You will be required to produce your own graphics with Baron software for nearly two dozen live hits each morning. As our traffic expert, you'll be expected to make connections with local transportation leaders, pitch newsworthy content and produce those stories for multiple platforms. Social media engagement is crucial for success. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality, we’re looking for someone who wants to head out into the field and break the big transportation stories.
- Delivers scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Either knows how to build or willing to learn how to build traffic maps with the Baron Software
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop traffic stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips and early access to information to traffic related stories
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a News environment
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment calmly and manage deadline pressures
- Strong reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- ENPS knowledge preferred
- Baron Traffic software knowledge preferred
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
- Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.