Master Control and Operations Technician
Hearst Television, Oklahoma City, OK USA
The story is yours!
KOCO-TV 5 in Oklahoma City has an opening for a Master Control/Operations Technician who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting, and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play on air properly. Also, operation of robotic studio cameras, audio board and teleprompter during newscast productions, breaking news, or other studio production. And other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast
- Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
- Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
- Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
- Observing transmitters and taking readings
- Maintains program and transmitter logs.
- Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
- Acquires content from various distributors.
- Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Attention to details is imperative.
- Applicant must be able to multi-task
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
- Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
- Ability to learn specialized software applications
- Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements
- Operational knowledge of studio cameras and audio console.
- Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus or equivalent work experience
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands