Hearst Television, Milwaukee, WI USA
The story is yours!
WISN-TV, the Hearst owned station in Milwaukee, Wisconsin has an opening for a Business Manager. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to have responsibility for many functions within a fast-paced business. No two days are the same in this role, the diversity of responsibilities is vast. If you are an analytical numbers person but also have an interest in supporting people, this is a great opportunity for you. This position is a unique blend of finance/accounting and human resources activities. This position will also work collaboratively with a regional finance team on the monthly financial closing and the annual budget process. In-office presence is required.
What you’ll do
- General Business Functions
- Interpretation and communication of financial results
- Liaison between station and regional accounting group on financial reporting
- Forecasting and budgeting of station revenues and operating expenses
- Bi-weekly and weekly payroll review/processing/reconciliation through ADP
- Prepare monthly reports from ADP
- Human Resources
- Employee relations
- Leave management
- Benefit related assistance
- Employee data management through Oracle HCM
- Accounts Payable & Expenses
- Invoice processing and approval
- Purchasing card & travel and entertainment report review/approval
- Local operating contract maintenance
- Real estate taxes
- Sales/Use Tax reporting
- Asset Management
- Fleet Management
- Fixed asset tagging, tracking and disposal
- Physical inventory
What we are looking for:
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and prioritize multiple responsibilities accordingly
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze various levels of financial data and provide guidance and recommendations
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish directives
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience
- Previous HR experience. PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SCP a plus.
- Payroll experience a plus
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with accounting and HR software applications including Oracle (HCM & EPBCS), Wide Orbit, ADP, and Excel
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.