Hearst Television, Omaha, NE, United States
The story is yours!
The newscast producer is responsible for compiling television newscasts for broadcast. This includes writing and editing news scripts, video editing, working with reporters, anchors and leading a production team to carry out a vision for the program.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
The newscast producer is responsible for showcasing various elements of the newscast through the use of graphics and other broadcast production techniques. Additional duties include writing and posting material to KETV.com and KETV’s social media platforms.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys making quick decisions, who is aggressive at seeking out dynamic news content, and who has the ability to communicate clearly while leading a team of professional content developers.
A winning applicant will have strong organizational skills and should be able to work efficiently and creatively under tight deadlines.
- Selecting, researching, and writing news stories, and producing newscasts by prioritizing events of the day
- Showcasing stories with graphics and other visual elements
- Video editing
- Writing and posting stories to the web and social media
- Communicating vision to other team members including news anchors, reporters, editors, video journalists and directors
- In-person attendance is required
- At least one year producing newscasts in a television newsroom, although applicants with less experience and an interest in news producing will be considered.
- Strong copy editing skills
- Interest in the community and in national and world events
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere and video editing
- Must be able to manage time well
- Must be creative
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands