Assistant Creative Services Director
Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $65,000
Salary max: $65,000
ASSISTANT CREATIVE SERVICES DIRECTOR
Come be the difference at KCCI-TV, one of America’s leading television stations. Located in downtown Des Moines, KCCI-TV is an innovative station, rich in history, and widely respected by the community. The Des Moines metro routinely makes Top 10 lists for being among the best places to work and live. Trails connect every corner of the city, the streets fill with festivals and farmers’ markets, and future presidents are frequent visitors. Join us and be the bigger picture!
KCCI-TV, the Hearst-owned CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa, is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Creative Services Director. The qualified candidate is creative, strategic, and a leader—able to execute compelling high-end, research-driven messaging that moves the station’s brand forward. We’re looking for a superior writer with advanced conceptual skills and solid editing experience. Someone with the expertise to help lead a team of talented writers/producers, setting the tone and feel across creative campaigns. The Assistant Creative Services Director will work “side by side” with the CSD in developing brand and marketing strategies for the station and multiple digital channels and internet properties, including web and mobile apps.
This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television, one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies, in a uniquely competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. If you are an excellent, hands-on producer, a strategic thinker, and aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a fast-paced environment, apply today. We are an equal opportunity employer,m/f/d/v. Minorities, females, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Work closely with Creative Service Director implementing strategic-based promotions.
- Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air and digital.
- Work with the News Director and CSD to identify compelling content that is uniquely promotable.
- Supervise creative team in brand, image, and daily topical promotion.
- Produce on and off-air promotions.
- Special projects coordination & fulfillment.
- Produce compelling news & programming promotion.
- Produce & post targeted social media marketing.
- Share the daily log scheduling of spots with the CSD and assume in their absence.
- Attend outside community functions or meetings.
- Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
- Execute on-point television and digital promotion.
- A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
- Execute brand message across all media platforms.
- Military training and experience will be considered.
- Must have a winning, energetic attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion.
- Must have proven skills of collaborating with News staff and station personnel.
- Must be highly creative, a compelling writer, and be able to use research to meet station goals of growing an audience.
- Non-linear editing required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar application.
- Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on station research.
- Excellent verbal communication & strong writing skills.
- Detail-oriented & organized.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Graphic Skills preferred.
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record).
- College degree or related military training in communications or related field recommended.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.