Editor - Photographer
Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA USA
The story is yours!
KCCI is seeking a full-time editor-photographer who will edit video for newscasts as well as learn to shoot in the field. Our ideal candidate has an eye for visual storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing with great pictures and sound. Must have excellent editing, time-management and organization skills. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, CBS and CNN platforms are important. You must be a team player, while maintaining the highest journalistic standards.
- Edit video for newscasts including opens, teases, PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, and preproduction material.
- Working with producers, reporters, and managers to ensure their creative vision is executed with video and natural sound.
- Coordinating feeds from other news organizations and incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video, maintain news video archives.
- Maintaining standards for all edited material.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands