Sports Anchor Reporter
Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Radio Baltimore has a rare opening for a full-time Sports Anchor/Reporter to be part of two high-profile morning radio shows in Baltimore, MD. Candidate will be part of the morning show presentations on both WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 Rock. You will anchor and interact with other talent on both morning shows Monday-Friday in drive time. This on-air position will include a prominent role in coverage of the Baltimore Ravens, The Baltimore Orioles, Navy Football, as well as other major local sports events in the region.
Job Priorities include the following:
- Anchor morning drive sports updates on WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5.
- Anchor morning drive sports updates on 98 Rock.
- Participate in pre-game and post-game coverage of Baltimore Ravens Football on WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5, 98 Rock and the Baltimore Ravens Radio Network. Assignments will include hosting and co-hosting of long-form Ravens programming.
- Participate in coverage of the Baltimore Orioles which may include pre-game shows, post-game shows, and long-form programming special events on both stations as well as the Orioles Radio Network.
- Participate in production of online video content presentations to promote various events/shows that are sports related.
- Appear on WBAL News Radio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 Rock programs to discuss major sports news and provide reaction/analysis as needed.
- Be available for public appearances in support of our major partnerships including the Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, Navy Football, Baltimore Running Festival and other events as necessary.
- Participate in social media content strategies that are part of our overall commitment to sports coverage in the Baltimore market.
- Be available for public appearances in support of station charitable events for both 98 Rock and WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5.
Education: High School Degree preferred.
Previous Experience: Sports Anchoring, hosting and play-by-play.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands