Digital Media Manager
Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT USA
The story is yours!
WPTZ/NBC5, the Hearst-owned television station in Burlington, VT, is looking for a multi-platform journalist to execute our station’s digital strategy and multimedia content initiatives.. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for overall management and direction for all digital content efforts, including our website and social media pages. The Digital Media Manager helps craft and execute the strategy and tactics to achieve our journalistic, content and business goals. This is done under the direction of the News Director and by working closely with fellow newsroom managers and staff, as well as promotion and sales staff. You will also be responsible for creating and organizing unique, interesting and dynamic content for all digital platforms. You will also be responsible for working with our news crews, producers and assignment editors to assign and produce content every day. Additionally, you will be responsible for relaying to producers the content that is available on our digital platforms. The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of digital technology as well as strong writing and editorial skills.
- Manages online content and operations. This includes selecting and writing material for all of our digital platforms.
- Develops and guides execution of strategies to meet digital goals.
- Creatively develops unique content, event coverage and project ideas for web, mobile and social media.
- Works to develop content during breaking news.
- Works closely with news crews and producers coordinating and producing content for digital platforms and television.
- Takes an active role in daily editorial meetings. The goal is to lay the groundwork for a consistent multi-platform workflow that ensures strong unique content.
- Coordinates consistent training of news personnel to contribute to all digital platforms (field gathering and presentation); maximize best practices to involve the whole station as regular contributors.
- Staff leader in leveraging social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to provide superior coverage and marketing of news. Works closely with marketing to prioritize the growth of customers on Facebook and email, and the interaction with them.
- Identifies videos with viral potential for syndication partners like YouTube, Yahoo, AOL, MSN, etc.
- Regularly communicates pertinent metrics (i.e. Google Analytics, comScore) concerning digital growth and trends to News Director, GM and necessary staff.
- In-person attendance is required
- Must have working knowledge of digital technology
- College Degree in Journalism or related field
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands