Master Control Operator
Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA USA
The story is yours!
KCCI-TV, the CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa, is searching for an effective Master Control operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. This person is responsible for the workflows that provide the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. It is a morning position five days a week standard. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. In-person attendance is required.
- Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, CBS network and local programming
- Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
- Operate Imagine playlist equipment
- Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
- Observing transmitters and taking readings.
- Maintains program and transmitter logs.
- Executes, edits, updates, and appends the Imagine playlists.
- Shade studio cameras during studio recordings or live events.
- Acquire TVU Backpacks into their receivers as needed.
- Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Works and communicates with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner. Committed to quality service.
- Attention to details is imperative.
- Applicant must be able to multi-task.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions.
- Ability to learn specialized software applications.
- Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands