Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA USA
The story is yours!
KCCI is seeking a photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in our community and bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. This member of our team will be out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories, as well as editing video for newscasts. The winning candidate is tech savvy. You must be able to shoot on a variety of cameras and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. We are looking for a team player who wants to innovate and execute active live shots and standups, while maintaining high journalistic standards. You must be able to work efficiently, be organized and communicate effectively.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for broadcast and digital
- Working with reporters, producers and assignment editors to cover daily stories
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and accurate facts are gathered
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
- Can produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Able to work a variety of schedules, including weekends and holidays
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.