Hearst Television, Cincinnati, OH USA
The story is yours!
WLWT, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati has an opening for a part-time Operations Engineer to join the team and assist in technical and production requirements for on-air programming, live and pre-recorded. The Operations Engineer will be responsible to communicate effectively with all departments, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Operate studio equipment such as robotic camera system, audio equipment including audio board, production switchers, graphics systems, and video servers.
- Operate master control equipment including switchers, automation systems, video servers, EAS devices, graphics systems, and monitoring devices.
- Complete daily FCC requirements.
- Provide support for producing content and executing station projects.
- Work closely with IT and maintenance engineering teams to support critical on-air systems.
- Edit content using Adobe products as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by engineering management.
- Minimum of six months of experience working at a commercial television station or production facility, or college level equivalent.
- Experience operating master control using automation a plus.
- Knowledge of broadcast television operations.
- Intermediate experience with computers and PC-based systems.
- Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task accurately.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently with aptitude to escalate appropriately.
- Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written.
- Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned especially holidays and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members.
- In-person work required.
- Prior experience in broadcast news production, technical school, or college technical classes preferred.
- Military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.