Hearst Television, Manchester, NH USA
The story is yours!
WMUR-TV has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director-TD. The Newscast Director-TD is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff, including the Producer, Studio Operators, and Engineering. A positive pro-active attitude, and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
- Directing/Technical Directing broadcast newscasts.
- Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
- Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
- Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
- Supervisory position.
- Must be able to operate audio, playback, cameras, and TelePrompTer for live news broadcasts.
- Hands-on experience with production switchers, video servers, audio and studio equipment.
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
- Automation experience is preferred. We operate GrassValley Ignite.
- Experience with a Sony MVS 8000G Production Switcher is preferred.
- Experience with ENPS, VIZRT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
- Experience with Robotic cameras is preferred.
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
- MOS and basic computer network understanding.
- Must be willing to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and fill in during holidays and vacations.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- College Degree in Television Production, Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.