Director of Programming and Community Affairs
Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, United States
The story is yours!
WPBF 25 the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL is seeking qualified applicants for a Director of Programming and Community Affairs. This Department Head level position is responsible for the station’s programming functions including, acquisitions, scheduling, ABC network, digital, multicast, network communications, FCC regulatory matters, NAB public service campaigns, management & oversight of the station’s public file, comprehensive station syndication strategy and other Hearst Television programming responsibilities and duties as assigned. This position is also responsible for the management and leadership role on all station sanctioned community projects, events, festivals and (501-C3) partnerships, including the creation of new community initiatives and specific corporate related programming and production responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities also include serving as the station’s Children’s Programming Liaison and on the WPBF 25 Editorial Board.
This Department Head level position works collaboratively with all departments on all platforms (WPBF 25, WPBF.com, Estrella TV West Palm Beach, and the True Crime Network). A thorough understanding of HTV policies and FCC regulations will be required.
- Manage all station programming (local, syndication and network) and associated duties, including scheduling, planning, strategy, and acquisition (in conjunction with GM and HTV programming), communication, coordination and implementation.
- Responsible for all FCC quarterly reporting (Children’s and Issues Reports) and other FCC reporting, as needed.
- Must have a solid understanding of Nielsen ratings, ratings tracking/trending, and research.
- Responsible for WPBF 25’s Public Affairs efforts, including local programming, PSAs, non-profit community projects and serving on WPBF’s Editorial Board. In addition, this position will be the direct liaison between the station and all of its community/public affairs events and partnerships.
- Strategic coordination of all talent appearances in conjunction with News Director & Creative Services Director
- Working closely to support and lead WPBF 25 community events in addition to seeking out new relationships and partnerships within the community.
- Consistent visibility within the community with key station partners/events.
- Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working at a television station, and be particularly adept at local programming, on-air, production, research, FCC requirements and overall news operations.
- Military training and experience will be considered.
- College degree required, preferably in broadcast journalism, communications, or related specialty.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
eCommerce writer @ Paramount / tech & games / part-time contract
CBS Interactive, Remote, Work from USA