Hearst Television, Manchester, NH USA
The story is yours!
WMUR TV, the Hearst Television ABC affiliate in Manchester, NH is looking for a Sports Director. The ideal candidate will break big sports stories, enterprise compelling human interest stories, and find the unique angles that will captivate the non-sports fan. Our next Sports Director will turn sports stories for the newscasts during the week as well as anchor weekday sportscasts. Must be able to enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots. Our Sports Director will also keep tabs on all local sports including high school, college and professional sports. On-site attendance required.
- Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on sports and special project assignments
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow us to break stories of significance.
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to digital platforms consistently throughout the day
- Able to juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- Ability to editing video
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Passion for sports required
- Previous television sports experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.