Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA
The story is yours!
WPBF 25 is looking for an Executive Producer who can oversee fast-paced newscasts in an even faster –paced news market. We need a driven, organized leader who can articulate a vision for their shows and lead a team towards the vision. The right candidate will be a leader who can develop multi-platform content that succeeds on air, on mobile, and on social media. Responsibilities include the ability to manage, coach, and motivate a team of producers, reporters, anchors, and photojournalists who are committed to excellence. The Executive Producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts, manages all aspects of breaking news, and social engagement. The right candidate must be a pro when it comes to effective communication and decision making under daily deadline pressure. You must have proven ability in making decisions based on strong ethics, a solid producing background, and a desire to win. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories, as well. The Executive Producer will work on recruiting producers and work closely with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast. The ideal candidate can handle Breaking News when it comes and, when it doesn’t, can still oversee a compelling product that delivers interesting and relevant content to our viewers. Overseeing the product is only one facet of the job. You must also be a coach and a leader with the communications skills to make those you supervise better.
- Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts
- Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation
- Coaching producers, reporters, and photojournalists
- Responding to breaking news
- Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement
- Writing compelling news stories in active voice
- Meeting deadlines
- News gathering
- Boothing newscasts when needed
- Posting stories and video on website and on mobile
- Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
- Must perform administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing critical feedback.
- Communicating effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering
- In-person attendance is required
- Minimum of three years producing experience.
- Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually.
- Have a strong sense of audience desires
- Possess outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.