Office Production Assistant (freelance)
Hearst Television, Burbank, CA USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Media Production Group is seeking a freelance Office Production Assistant. This position supports the executive team, production management, and various show teams. This role is an entry-level position geared toward those who want to learn unscripted television production.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Production Manager and Operations.
This position is based in Burbank, CA.
- Office Management
- Opening and closing the office
- Answering phones and greet guests
- Ensuring that all office spaces are clean, fully stocked, and running smoothly
- Interface with building management and vendors (such as requesting repairs)
- Maintain office documents such as staff lists, asset lists, casting database, etc.
- Assisting Executives/Production Management:
- Expense reports (including credit cards reconciliation)
- Supervise gear check out and manage storage units
- Calendar management
- Assisting Productions
- Organization of field releases
- Production runs as needed
- Occasionally assist on set for productions
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Able to self-manage their responsibilities efficiently and professionally
- Proactive and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Zoom
- Basic knowledge of AirTable is a plus
- Possess valid driver’s license, have a clean driving record and access to reliable transportation
- Previous experience as a production assistant preferred
- Military training and experience will be considered
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law & Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.