Hearst Television, Greenville, SC, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $40,000
Salary max: $40,800
Position: Digital Producer / Social Media Content Creator
WYFF 4, the Hearst Television-owned NBC affiliate in Greenville, SC, has an opening for a Digital Writer. The Digital Producer will work in the newsroom under the direction of the Digital Media Manager to news gather, produce stories for the app and website, and produce content for social media platforms. The Digital Producer will also be responsible for producing original digital and social content. The Digital Producer will also work with the assignment desk on responding to breaking news. We need someone highly engaged in social media, highly organized, and with a drive to win breaking news on all platforms. Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Canva preferred. The ideal candidate is an accomplished writer who knows the difference between posting for social, the web, and writing for broadcast news. You’ll need to have proven skills covering daily news, social content, covering elections and politics, and winning big, breaking news.
- Respond to Breaking News on all digital platforms
- Web and mobile app posting
- Producing videos and graphics for social media
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Crowdsourcing, gathering and writing original digital content
- Be involved in daily editorial meeting and be aware of daily news coverage
- Develop relationships with organizations and newsmakers
- Communicate and working with sister stations and networks on digital coverage
- Monitor digital and social analytics
- Two years in commercial TV newsroom preferred
- Editor experience a plus
- Non-linear editing knowledge a plus
- Knowledge and experience with ENPS
- Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Highly organized
- Skillful Writer
- Aggressive news gatherer
- Social Media savvy
- Works well in stressful situations and with deadlines
- Good news judgment
- Desire to win, especially in breaking news situations
- Team player
- Be willing to have a flexible schedule
- College Degree in Journalism or related field
- Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands