Production Accounting Assistant (freelance)
Hearst Television, Burbank, CA USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Media Production Group is seeking an experienced Freelance Production Accounting Assistant who is results oriented, resourceful, self-motivated and can manage multiple deliverables. Candidate must be capable of working at a detailed level, in an environment which requires a hands-on approach, along with possessing strong time-management skills and the ability to adhere to critical deadlines. Candidate must also possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of employment and accounting standards.
This position reports to the Production Controller and based in Burbank, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with production management to onboarding all cast and crew across multiple shows
- Process weekly payroll
- Complete new show setup in production system
- Track talent payments
- Submit new credit card, petty cash and funding requests
- Enter and submit POs, invoices, and expense reimbursements
- Request new vendors, notifying when new vendors are on in system
- Collaborate with corporate HR to requests independent contractor approvals
- Assist employees with weekly expense reports
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card expenses
- Prepare and upload credit card journal entries
- 2+ years of experience in production accounting
- Experience with production accounting and payroll software (Luca, Extreme Reach, eTribez)
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Basic familiarity with SAG/AFTRA rules and standards a plus
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Strong ability to prioritize and plan work activities within a fast paced, demanding environment
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group(HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.