Unscripted TV Sizzle Editor (freelance)
Hearst Television, Burbank, CA USA
The story is yours!
Emmy-award winning production company, specializing in non-scripted television, is looking for experienced sizzle reel editors for various development projects.
Ideal candidate has edited sizzle reels which have been used to successfully sell non-scripted shows to networks/cable outlets/streamers/digital platforms. Projects range from rip reels and Skype sizzles to full sizzles with scenes and extensive interviews. Genres range from docu/occu to formats (e.g., game, talk, home reno, food, etc.) Must be a skilled preditor who can craft story and source video unsupervised.
This position reports to the EVP, General Manager (Entertainment).
This position is based in Burbank, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Edit sizzle reels in a wide variety of non-scripted genres and styles
- Ability to edit quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Create sizzles that feel unique and special
- Must be able to search for the perfect clips from a variety of sources (YouTube, Vimeo, Pond5, Storyblocks, Getty, etc.)
- Must be able to “script” sizzles, write copy and cards
- Create graphics, logos, etc. for the sizzles
- Must have an expertise in and experience with unscripted television sizzle reels
- Experience as a shooter or as a "one man band" shooter/producer/editor a plus
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered
- Must have ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proficient editing with Adobe Premier
- Basic understanding of Final Cut 7/X and Avid a plus
- Must include samples of sizzle reels, preferably those which have sold a project
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group(HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.