Hearst Television, Omaha, NE, United States
The story is yours!
KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for the position of on-air reporter.
You will be joining an award-winning team of journalists and television professionals showcasing your talent to the biggest audience in Omaha television news.
The right candidate will be a writer with an interest in investigative journalism and a passion for covering politics. We’re looking for someone ready to lead our team in covering the policy makers shaping the future of Nebraska and Iowa.
You must have the drive to cover breaking news, and report extemporaneously in a clear, concise manner.
We’re looking for a self-starter who knows how to build great contacts and develop exclusive content. You’ll need an ability to connect with people in ways that foster great communication and enjoy sharing content on social media.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
- Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV and Hearst Television
- Some video editing
- Live reporting
- Some substitute anchoring
- At least two years of television or digital news reporting.
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of civics and engaged in national and world events
- Must be able to manage time well
- Must be creative
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
- Must have good news judgment
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field is preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.