Associate Producer F/T
Hearst Television, Winter Park, FL, United States
The story is yours!
WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Orlando market, has an immediate opening for an ambitious, hardworking Full-Time Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our Associate Producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our digital and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who aspires to be our next Newscast Producer.
- Researching and writing stories for our newscasts and digital platforms
- Assist producers and reporters with research
- Help prepare and develop news rundown
- Work alongside and communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Transcribe video and interviews, select sound bites and build graphics
- Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- Operate the Teleprompter
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid news judgment and passion for news
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Orlando DMA
- Work varied hours, holidays, weekends and during severe weather situations as needed and/or scheduled
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands