Hearst Television, Cincinnati, OH, United States
The story is yours!
WLWT-TV, the Hearst owned, NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious and hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of creating a newscast. Primary duties will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and logging video. Associate Producers will also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition, the candidate will write for our social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is the perfect fit for someone looking to grow and learn as a journalist, specifically someone interested in a career as a news producer.
- Write copy for daily newscasts and log video.
- Assist producers and reporters with research.
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers.
- Post on all of WLWT’s digital platforms and have a strong understanding of social media.
- Make phone calls for news gathering or newsroom logistics purposes.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strength in verbal communication, ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
- Strong knowledge of social media, digital platforms.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
- In person attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with an emphasis in communications or journalism
- Equivalent work experience or military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS)
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Editorial Assistant, Berkley (Mystery/Thriller/Suspense/Histor...
Penguin Random House, New York, NY