Hearst Television, Omaha, NE USA
The story is yours!
KETV, Omaha’s News Leader, is looking for a weeknight evening news anchor and reporter to join our Hearst Television team at historic 7 Burlington Station.
We’re looking for a newsroom leader and self-starter who is eager to contribute to the nightly broadcast through reporting, writing, and a team-oriented newsroom presence.
The right candidate will be able to convey content with enthusiasm, passion and energy from the studio or live in the field. We want someone eager to develop a network of contacts to enterprise and break the big stories for evening newscasts. As a newsroom leader, you will help mentor a staff of dedicated professionals all working together to be accurate, relevant, and first with the news affecting Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa.
- Deliver scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose.
- Work with reporters and producers in newscast production
- Regularly produce day-of news or special project assignments
- Develop a network of sources within the community to break stories before the competition.
- A vibrant social media presence
- Great time management, and the ability to identify projects and complete them on deadline.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand copy
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- In-person attendance is required
- Past anchor experience (2-5 years) required
- Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise important stories
- Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
- A keen interest in national and world events
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.