Hearst Television, Omaha, NE USA
The story is yours!
KETV, the Hearst Television station in Omaha, Nebraska, has an immediate opening for an on-camera investigative reporter eager to dig into public policy issues and social concerns.
As an investigative reporter, you would be working with our team of journalists to uncover exclusive content, conduct interviews, and produce stories for television and KETV.com
The right candidate will be a self-starter with creative energy and a take-charge attitude who is able to make decisions quickly and coordinate a team effort. You must be engaged in social and government issues, possess solid news judgment, and be willing to spend time digging through documents and agendas to find information. We want someone eager to build new contacts and take the lead in a competitive news environment.
This position holds the opportunity for substitute anchoring and requires excellent live reporting skills.
- Identifying potential stories and vetting sources for information
- Research using internet databases and other resources
- Conducting interviews
- Writing copy for television and digital platforms.
- Communicating ideas and a vision to other team members and working with producers, and photographers to produce impactful video content.
- In-person attendance is required
- 2-years of journalism experience
- The ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Solid writing and grammar skills
- The ability to multi-task and lead a team to bring projects to a conclusion
- Understanding of civics and interest in current events
- Retired military training and experience will be considered
If available, please include video examples of your work in your application.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.