Part-time Newscast Director
Hearst Television, Omaha, NE, United States
The story is yours!
The Part Time Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production with all technical staff, including the Producer, Technical Director, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
- Directing/Technical Directing broadcast newscasts.
- Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
- Be responsible for clean technical execution and the overall look of the newscast.
- Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
- May also run Teleprompter system
- MOS and basic computer network understanding.
- Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator able to work efficiently and effectively with a variety of personalities in high pressure situations.
- Candidate must be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
- The position requires shift flexibility. Shift will include various day parts, holidays and weekend duties.
- Video editing with Adobe Premiere is required.
- Newscast Director will also be required to post to website as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or equivalent broadcast work experience preferred.
- 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
- Spanish/English bilingual a plus, but not required
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- 2+ to 5 Years preferred, but not required
- Candidates should have a helpful, positive, "can do" attitude.
- Experience with production switchers, video servers, editing systems and audio and studio equipment preferred.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.