Hearst Television, Lancaster, PA USA
The story is yours!
WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate located in the Lancaster-Lebanon-Harrisburg-York, PA market, has an opening for a highly motivated and creative part-time News Editor to work in a great newsroom with a team first attitude. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
- Edit stories, creative cold opens, videos, and newscasts for multiple news platforms
- Maintain news archives
- Operate electronic newsgathering equipment
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material
- Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters, and managers to produce high quality stories
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files
- Maintaining standards for all edited material
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers
- In-person attendance is required
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) is preferred
- Military on-air producing experience will be considered
- Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere
- Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, and Premier systems
- Able to multi-task different editing assignments reaching a large audience
- Knowledge of current television production techniques
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers
- Ability to record multiple feeds a plus
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and good driving record
- High School Diploma
- Some college or technical school preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.