Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $70,000
Salary max: $80,000
KCRA 3, the #1 station in Northern California and a Hearst Television Station, is looking for a take-charge reporter to lead our coverage of Stockon, Modesto and surrounding communities. The successful candidate is innovative and thrives when covering breaking news. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellent journalism. We are committed to breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting. In person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Generate strong story ideas from Stockton, Modesto and surrounding areas that lead newscasts.
- Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise, investigative angles and has exclusive elements.
- Develop a network of diverse sources in San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties to break stories of significance.
- Create stories that employ innovative techniques, graphics and animations to engage our audience.
- Consistently contribute dynamic content on TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
- Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
- Exceptional live reporting skills
- Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
- 2 or more years of reporting experience.
- Your reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
- Must be willing to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands