Digital Producer, Nightside
Hearst Television, Pittsburgh, PA USA
The story is yours!
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is now interviewing for a full-time Digital Producer, Night-Side. This position will cover the weekday shift of 3:30pm-11:30pm as well as other events as needed by management.
We are looking for a digital savvy producer who understands the Pittsburgh region in terms of its people, culture, sports, and news and be able to communicate this effectively across web, mobile and social media. Creativity with photos, video and multimedia is key as well as being an avid story-teller, coach and team-player. The Digital Producer will support this mission by both writing stories and by publishing content from a variety of outlets, including station newsroom, Internet, wire services, social media, as well as traditional news sources and publishes that content on multiple platforms.
- Write and edit material for target audiences integrating engaging and creative text, still images, video and audio components, and links to relevant Internet resources in an appealing and thoughtful presentation for multi-platforms including online, mobile, tablet, and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and e-mail.
- Provide continuous updating, revising and expanding of developing stories.
- Collaborate in building daily mobile and web content with station news management, reporters, photographers, assignment editors and producers.
- Provide added content to digital reporting efforts.
- Post content to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) in strategic ways that drive engagement and click-thru.
- Execute digital content plan on station-guided big events and major breaking news and weather.
- Provide digital content/social media/operations support to complement station programming, marketing and sales efforts.
- Integrate user generated content as part of “crowd sourcing” to complement our professional content.
- On occasion serve in the field for special events, breaking news, and station extensions.
- Journalism and social media background; strong news judgment; knowledge of legal and ethical issues in regards to digital and social media.Ability to identify emerging social media platforms and how best to integrate them into daily coverage.
- Highly developed digital skill set with experience in content management systems, HTML, and knowledge of coding for the web.
- Knowledge of editing and AP Stylebook standards.
- Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
- Ability to work collaboratively with digital and broadcast journalists, pass writing and editing test, convey complex subject matter in clear and engaging fashion, catch spelling errors without electronic assistance, manage time and meet multiple daily deadlines for various projects, scheduling flexibility to cover major and/or breaking news events, work with a positive attitude in a multitasking environment with frequent interruptions, paying close attention to details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years prior experience working for a television station, daily newspaper or in a digital environment.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands