Promotion Writer / Producer
Hearst Television, Lancaster, PA USA
The story is yours!
WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate located in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market is looking for a highly creative Promotion Writer Producer to write and edit promos for all media platforms. This position is responsible for producing station topical and special report promotion that advance WGAL’s brand and gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will write, produce and creatively execute daily news promos that reinforce station brands and execute WGAL 8’s marketing objectives. If you are a great writer who knows how to identify marketable news stories and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you!
Located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, WGAL-TV fosters an inclusive workplace environment. We serve a diverse and rapidly growing TV market that includes Pennsylvania’s state capitol of Harrisburg, along with the cities of Lancaster, Lebanon and York. Whether you’re a fan of Amish cooking, outdoor activities, or affordable city living, this region has you covered! WGAL-TV employees have the opportunity to live a short drive from Philadelphia, Baltimore, or Washington DC. A low cost of living and high quality of life make Central Pennsylvania an ideal location to work and live.
- Develop daily topical and special report promos from concept through delivery
- Produce, write and edit compelling on-air promos from start to finish that generate viewer interest
- Work closely with WGAL News 8’s Executive Producers to craft effective topical promo scripts that drive viewership during afternoon and prime time programming
- Write on-air snipes promoting syndicated and newscast content daily
- Hands-on editing and online editing
- Television Writer/Producer experience preferred
- Experience with Adobe CC applications such as Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Related military experience will be considered
- Working knowledge of Premiere Pro and ENPS
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of production process including non-linear editing
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational copy
- Strong promotion writing skills
- Work well under extreme deadlines
- Must be a team player and think outside the box
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.