Hearst Television, Louisville, KY, United States
The story is yours!
- Get our viewers ready with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
- Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather
- Will utilize all the technology and tools available to tell an intriguing weather story
- Summarize fact and clearly communicate content for broadcast
- In-person attendance is required
- Previous on-air experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
- Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
- Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
- Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
- Ability to use common television weather systems.
- Radar experience preferred
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or related field
- CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands